Wanganui sentence example
- WANGANUI, the principal port on the west coast of North Island, New Zealand, in the Waitotara county, at the mouth of the Wanganui river, 134 m.
- The Wanganui Collegiate School (Church of England) is one of the largest boarding schools in Australasia.
- The Waikato and Waihou flow N., the Rangitaiki N.E., and Mokau, Wanganui and Rangitikei W.
- The Mokau and Wanganui run between ferny and forest-clad hills and precipices, often of almost incomparable beauty.
- The continuation of this line of old rocks is occupied by the basins of the Wanganui river and Taupo.Advertisement
- Suess therefore suggested that the northern continuation of the Alps had foundered, and its summits been buried beneath the Pliocene marine rocks of the Wanganui basin and the volcanic rocks of the Taupo area.
- Marine beds of the Pliocene are best developed in the Wanganui basin.
- Other bands of company's settlers in like manner landed at Nelson, Wanganui and New Plymouth, to be met with the news that the British government would not recognize the company's purchases.
- Round Mount Egmont, at Orakau, at Tauranga and in the Wanganui jungles, they more than once held their own against British regiments and colonial riflemen.
- Wanganui >>Advertisement