Wallingford sentence example
- In 1218 he went on crusade to the Holy Land and took part in the capture of Damietta; then returning to England he died at Wallingford in October 1232.
- At Dorchester (951) the Thame enters on the left, and the river then passes Wallingford (904) and Goring (85).
- It contains the villages of East Wallingford, Tracy and Yalesville, and the borough of Wallingford.
- The township of Wallingford was settled in 1670.
- During the War of Independence patriotic sentiment here was strong and Loyalists were sometimes exiled to Wallingford, where they could have no effective influence.Advertisement
- The borough of Wallingford was incorporated in 1853 and re-incorporated in 1868.
- There is more than one meaning of Wallingford discussed in the 1911 Encyclopedia.
- Both parties were exhausted, both were sick of the incessant treachery of their more unscrupulous barons, and at last they came to the compromise of Wallingford (October 1153), by which it was agreed that Stephen should reign for the remainder of his life, but that on his death the crown should pass to Henry.
- Maurice, his son, joined the confederation against the two Despensers, and lay in prison at Wallingford until his death in 1326, the queen's party gaining the upper hand too late to release him.
- Of these the most important descended from Maurice of Berkeley, the baron who died in Wallingford hold in 1326.Advertisement
- A History of the Navy of the United States (1839), supplemented (1846) by a set of Lives of Distinguished American Naval Officers, was succeeded by The Pathfinder (1840), a good "Leatherstocking" novel; by Mercedes of Castile (1840); The Deerslayer (1841); by The Two Admirals and by Wing and Wing (1842); by Wyandotte, The History of a Pocket Handkerchief, and Ned Myers (1843); and by Afloat and Ashore, or the Adventures of Miles Wallingford (1844).
- Principles Methods and Practice - describes the background and development of the Wallingford Procedure.
- In this proposal a series of experiments with graded sediments are detailed which will take place in the tilting flume at HR Wallingford.
- Waves of this height would only occur along the northern shoreline in association with southerly winds (HR Wallingford, 1994 ).
- Waves of this height would only occur along the northern shoreline in association with southerly winds (HR Wallingford, 1994).Advertisement
- Town matriarch Phoebe Wallingford disliked Donna and thought her too trashy for her grandson.