Wallach sentence example
- Wallach, Ann., 1878, 193, p. 25) It crystallizes in monoclinic tables, and is readily soluble in water, alcohol and ether.
- Wallach (Ann., 1900, 312, p. 171) has shown that the saturated cyclic ketones yield oximes which by an application of the Beckmann reaction are converted into isoximes, and these latter on hydrolysis with dilute mineral acids are transformed into acyclic amino-acids; thus from cyclohexanone, e-amidocaproic acid (e-leucine) may be obtained: CH2" C NOH C CH 2 CH 2 7: ?12?CH2 CH2 NH /CH2 CH2 C02H CH2', An ingenious application of the fact that oximes easily lose the elements of water and form nitriles was used by A.
- Wallach, Ber., 1881, 14, P. 421); by the action of reducing agents on nitroparaffins; by the action of zinc and hydrochloric acid on aldehyde ammonias (German Patent 73,812); by the reduction of the phenylhydrazones and oximes of aldehydes and ketones with sodium amalgam in the presence of alcohol and sodium acetate (J.
- Wallach, Ann., 1887, 241, p. 288, &c.; J.
- Wallach, Ber., 1880, 13, P. 525).Advertisement
- Wallach, A.
- Wallach, Ann., 1904, 3 2 9, p. 368).
- Wallach, Ber., 1906, 39, p. 1492.
- Wallach, Ber., 1882, 15, p. 208); and by the action of ammonia or amines on imino-ethers (A.