Walla sentence example
- Roman Catholic missions were established near Fort Walla Walla in 1838.
- Several of the lesser elevations near the lake are especially famous as view-points, such as Castle Head, Walla Crag, Ladder Brow and Cat Bells.
- Charities, £&c. - The state charitable and penal institutions consist of the Western Washington Hospital for the Insane at Fort Steilacoom, the Eastern Washington Hospital for the Insane at Medical Lake, the State School for the Deaf and the State School for the Blind at Vancouver, the State Institution for Feeble-minded near Medical Lake, the Washington Soldiers' Home and Soldiers' Colony at Orting, the Veterans' Home at Port Orchard, the State Penitentiary at Walla Walla, the State Reformatory at Monroe and the State Training School at Chehalis.
- Whitman College (Congregational, 1866) at Walla Walla, Gonzaga College (Roman Catholic, 1887) at Spokane, Whitworth College (Presbyterian, 1890) at Tacoma and the University of Puget Sound (Methodist Episcopal, 1903) at Tacoma are institutions of higher learning maintained and controlled by their respective denominations.
- Walla Walla >>Advertisement
- of the present Walla Walla and 25 m.
- from the Hudson's Bay Company's Fort Walla Walla; and Spalding at Lapwai, near the present Lewiston, Idaho.
- Following the advice of his ministers Walla and Agobard, supporters of the policy of unity, Louis the Pious put Bernard of Italy, Charlemagnes grandson, to death for refusing to acknowledge Lothair as coemperor; crushed a revolt in.
- Yet his elder sons revolted against him in 831 and 832, and were supported by Walla and Agobard and by their followers, weary of all the contradictory oaths demanded of them.
- Gray, and settled at Waiilatpu, near the present Walla Walla, Washington.Advertisement
- The story was amplified by Spalding and Gray in 1865, 1866 and 1870, and in its final form declared that Whitman learned at the British fort Walla Walla in September 1842 that a large number of British settlers were expected, and that it was hoped that the treaty then supposed to be in process of negotiation between Lord Ashburton and Daniel Webster, Secretary of State, would give the territory to the British.
- You'll get to see Hell's Canyon, the deepest in North America; visit the Walla Walla wine region and, if you're traveling in the summertime, check out Mount Rainier and Mount Saint Helens.
- Cougar Crest Winery in Walla Walla, Washington makes delicious wines ranging from $20 to $30.
- Canadian twins Tega and Sarah have gone all 80s new wave on us on their new album the con - but maybe that's just the influence of their producer, Death Cab for Cutie's Christopher Walla.