Waleran sentence example
- Waleran's great-grandson was Guy (d.
- Guy's son, Waleran (d.
- Early in the I ith century Roger de Beaumont, a kinsman of the dukes of Normandy, married a daughter of Waleran, count of Meulan, and their son, Robert De Beaumont (d.
- When Robert died on the 5th of June '118 his lands appear to have been divided between his twin sons, Robert and Waleran, while a third son, Hugh, became earl of Bedford in 1138.
- He and his brother, Waleran, were the chief advisers of Stephen, and helped this king to seize the bishops of Salisbury and Lincoln in '139; later, however, Robert made his peace with Henry II., and became chief justiciar of England.Advertisement
- Waleran De Beaumont (1104-1166) obtained his father's French fiefs and the title of count of Meulan in 1118.
- who had handed over the temporalities of the see to John de Waleran.
- The French branch of the Luxemburg family was descended from Waleran (d.