Waldstein sentence example
- Wallenstein was interred at the neighbouring Carthusian monastery, but in 1639 the head and right hand were taken by General Baner to Sweden, and in 1702 the other remains were removed by Count Vincent of Waldstein to his hereditary burying ground at Miinchengratz.
- His art theories have been discussed by Professor Charles Waldstein of Cambridge in The Work of John Ruskin (1894), by Robert de la Sizeranne in Ruskin et la religion de la beaute (1897), and by Professor H.
- In Dux is a castle belonging to Count Waldstein, a kinsman of Wallenstein, which contains a picture gallery with two portraits of Wallenstein by Van Dyck, and a museum with a collection of arms and armour and several relics of the great general.
- The most important reference work is C. Waldstein and L.
- In 1904 Professor Waldstein expounded both in Europe and in America an international scheme for thorough investigation of the site.Advertisement
- Of the many palaces, the Waldstein, Schwarzenberg - formerly Rosenberg- - palaces, the two palaces of the counts Thun and that of Prince Lobkowitz are the most interesting.
- A further attempt has been made to identify the head in a beautiful marble bust in the British Museum hitherto known as Bacchus (Waldstein, Journal of Hellenic Studies, vol.
- See Waldstein, The Argive Heraeum (vol.