Waldenburg sentence example
- Waldenburg lies in the centre of the productive coal district of the Waldenburger Gebirge, a branch of the Sudetic chain, and its inhabitants are largely occupied in the mining industry.
- Waldenburg became a town in 1426.
- The coal measures of Upper Silesia, in the south-east part of the province, are among the most extensive in continental Europe, and there is another large field near Waldenburg in the south-west.
- The population is thickest in upper Silesia around Beuthen (coal-fields), around Ratibor, Neisse and Waldenburg (coal-fields), around Zittau (kingdom of Saxony), in the Elbe valley around Dresden, in the districts of Zwickau and Leipzig as far as the Saale, on the northern slopes of the Harz and around Bielefeld in Westphalia.
- It is traversed by railways from Basel to Olten (25 m.) and to Laufen (144 m.), besides local lines from Basel to Fluhen (8 m.) for the frequented pilgrimage resort of Mariastein, and from Liestal to Waldenburg (84 m.).Advertisement