Waitzen sentence example
- The first railway in Hungary was the line between Budapest and Vacz (Waitzen), 20 m.
- The Danube separates the Carpathians from the Alps, which they meet only in two points, namely, the Leitha Mountains at Pressburg, and the Bakony Mountains at Vacz (Waitzen), while the same river separates them from the Balkan Mountains at Orsova.
- He served in important staff appointments during the earlier part of the war which followed; then, early in 1849, he was ordered to replace General Meszaros, who had been defeated at Kaschau, and as general commanding an army corps he had a conspicuous share in the victories of Kapolna, Isaszeg, Waitzen, Nagy Sarlo and Komarom.
- Waitzen), a town of Hungary, in the county of Pest-Pilis-Solt-Kis-Kun, 20 m.
- Towards the west it may originally have extended as far as the Danube where it runs from north to south at Waitzen (Vacz), while on the other hand Ptolemy puts its eastern boundary as far back as the Hierasus (Sereth).Advertisement
- During the earlier and more prosperous part of his reign the policy of King George was founded on a firm alliance with Matthias Corvinus, king of Hungary, through whose influence he was crowned by the Romanist bishop of Waitzen.
- After passing the fortress of Komarom it loses its easterly course at Vácz (Waitzen), and flows nearly due south for 230 m.
- After passing the fortress of Komarom it loses its easterly course at VÃ¡cz (Waitzen), and flows nearly due south for 230 m.