Wagidi sentence example
- de Goeje in 1864 (Memoires sur la conquete de la Syrie, 2nd ed., aeiden, 1900), led to the conclusion that Wagidi's chronology is sound as regards the main events, and that later historians have gone astray by forsaking his guidance.
- And that Ibn Ishaq agrees with Wagidi in certain main dates is important evidence for the trustworthiness of the former also.
- For the chronology before the year ho of the Flight Wagidi did his best, but here, the material being defective, many of his conclusions are precarious.
- Wagidi had already a great library at his disposal.
- With regard to the history of Irak in particular he was deemed to have the best information, and for this subject he is Tabari's chief source, just as Madaini, a younger contemporary of Wagidi, is followed by preference in all that relates to Khorasan.Advertisement
- Among the contemporaries of Wagidi and Madaini were Ibn Khidash (d.
- His narratives are detailed and often tinged with romance, and he is certainly much inferior to Wagidi in accuracy.
- at Mina and Mecca, where most of the pilgrims still have something to buy or sell, so that Mina, after the sacrifice of the feast day, presents the aspect of a huge international fancy 2 Mecca, says one of its citizens, in Wagidi (Kremer's ed., p. 196, or Muh.
- 5 Wagidi, ed.