Vulgata sentence example
- - The Common Limpet (Patella vulgata) in its shell, seen from the pedal surface.
- Then appeared, under the influence of the school of law at Pavia, the Liber legis Langobardorum, also called Liber Papiensis (beginning of Tith century), and the Lombarda (end of 11th century) in two forms - that given in a Monte Cassino MS. and known as the Lombarda -Casinensis, and the Lombarda Vulgata.
- By anglers the common English species of Ephemera (vulgata and danica, but more especially the latter, which is more abundant) is known as the "may-fly," but the terms "green drake" and "bastard drake" are applied to conditions of the same species.
- This version gradually became accepted as the standard text, and after a time was called the " Vulgata," the first to use this name as a title being, it is said, Roger Bacon.
- Another, the so-called Epitome of Julian, contains 125 Novels in Latin; and the third, the Liber authenticarum or vulgata versio, has 134, also in Latin.Advertisement
- Limpets (Patella vulgata) and rough periwinkles are snails that graze on the algae and lichens.