Vondel sentence example
- The Sophomphaneas was translated into Dutch by Vondel, and into English by Francis Goldsmith (1652); the Christus patiens into English by George Sandys (1640).
- There he entertained the poet Vondel, the scholar Barlaeus, 1 Constantin Huygens, Vossius, Laurens Reael and others.
- After Vondel, he may on the whole be considered the most considerable author that Holland has produced.
- In the middle of this new region lies the Vondel Park, named after the great national poet Joost van den Vondel.
- Concerts are given here in summer as well as in the Vondel Park.Advertisement
- Cats was contemporary with Hooft and Vondel and other distinguished Dutch writers in the golden age of Dutch literature, but his Orangist and Calvinistic opinions separated him from the liberal school of Amsterdam poets.
- The tragic event has been immortalized in dramas from the pens of Holland's most famous writers (see Vondel, HooFT).