Vologaeses sentence example
- Artabanus Iv., the last Parthian king, younger son of Vologaeses IV., who died A.D.
- Soon after the accession of Nero, Vologaeses (Vologasus), king of Parthia, overran Armenia, drove out Rhadamistus, who was under the protection of the Romans, and set his own brother Tiridates on the throne.
- Vologaeses, however, thought it better to come to terms. It was agreed that both the Roman and Parthian troops should evacuate Armenia, that Tigranes should be dethroned, and the position of Tiridates recognized.
- 51 Vologaeses I..
- Then, when Vologaeses, yielding to his growing discontent, took advantage of the death of Antoninus to invade Armenia the Romans were victorious (164), and after the storming of places such as Nicephorium, Edessa, Nisibis, western Mesopotamia was once more Roman as far as the Khabur, Carrhae becoming a free city and Osroene a dependency.Advertisement
- As long ago as 54 the news reached Rome that the Parthian king Vologaeses had expelled the king recognized by Rome from Armenia and installed in his place his own brother Tiridates.
- His intimate relations with Bishop Jacob were continued with the three succeeding bishops - Babu (338 - ?349), Vologaeses (?349-361), and Abraham - on all of whom he wrote encomia.
- Actual war with Rome broke out under Vologaeses I.
- These successes of Vologaeses were counterbalanced by serious losses in the East.
- An era of quiet seems to have returned with Vologaeses III.Advertisement
- Similar conflicts took place in 195202 between Vologaeses IV.
- It has previously been mentioned that Vologaeses III.
- An inundation of the Tiber swept away a large part of Rome, destroying fields, drowning cattle, and causing a famine (162); then came earthquakes, fires and plagues of insects; the soldiers in Britain tried to induce their general Statius Priscus to proclaim himself emperor; finally, the Parthians under Vologaeses III.