Voix sentence example
- During this, her second period, George Sand allowed herself to be the mouthpiece of others - " un echo qui embellissait la voix," as Delatouche expressed it.
- His works include: Mes Loisirs (1863); La Voix d'un exile (1867), a satire against the Canadian government; boreales, and Les Oiseaux de neige (1880), crowned by the French academy; La Legende d'un peuple (1887); two historical dramas, Papineau (1880) and Felix Poutre (1880); La Noel au Canada (1900), and several prose works and translations.
- At the outset of the Revolution he foresaw its importance, and in the Voix du citoyen, which he published in 1789, predicted the course which events would take.
- In the course of nine years, from 1831 to 1840, he published Les Feuilles d'automne, Les Chants du crepuscule, Les Voix interieures and Les Rayons et les ombres.
- Between the dates of these two great books appeared La Voix de Guernesey, a noble and terrible poem on the massacre of Mentana which branded and commemorated for ever the papal and imperial infamy of the colleagues in that crime.Advertisement