Voce sentence example
- "Way to go," Fred muttered sotto voce.
- See the liturgical and ecclesiastical dictionaries of Martigny, Migne, and Smith and Cheetham, sub voce, where all the scattered references are collected together and summarized.
- He then introduced the practice of following the lecture with a viva voce examination on what had been delivered.
- C. Suicer, Thesaurus, sub voce 1 310rT1.0-µ.a; Ad.
- De Morgan's writings, however excellent, give little idea of the perspicuity and elegance of his viva voce expositions, which never failed to fix the attention of all who were worthy of hearing him.Advertisement
- The supreme court consists of a chief justice and three associates, elected by a joint viva voce vote of the General Assembly for a term of eight years.
- Members of the Law Society's Planning Panel can apply for Legal Associateship subject to passing a viva voce examination.
- So there's as much attitude in his songs as ever, only now it's murmured sotto voce.
- The Scherzo's central section begins sotto voce, the melody almost hidden in the alto voice.
- Any such subterfuge would be immediately apparent in a viva voce examination, much to the embarrassment of the student concerned.Advertisement
- The Examiners shall have power to examine a candidate viva voce on the subject of his or her dissertation.
- That the word nabhi a, " prophet," originally signified one who speaks or announces the divine will, is rendered highly probable by a comparison of the Assyrian nabu, meaning (a) to "call" or "name," (b) " announce" (see Delitzsch, Handwarterbuch sub voce).
- Sotto Voce recorded his Requiem for voices, organ, horn and string orchestra in March 2005 (see link below).
- So there 's as much attitude in his songs as ever, only now it 's murmured sotto voce.
- The Scherzo 's central section begins sotto voce, the melody almost hidden in the alto voice.Advertisement
- A brief viva voce test may form part of the assessment.
- The viva voce assessment will be held at the BCLA Clinical Conference.