Viscosa sentence example
- Besides this, P. Sieboldii (cortusoides amoena), I ft., originally deep rose with white eye, but now including many varieties of colour, such as white, pink, lilac and purple; P. japonica, to 2 ft., crimson-rose; P. denticulate, ft., bright bluish-lilac, with its allies P. erosa and P. purpurea, all best grown in a cold frame; P. viscosa, 6 in., purple, and its white variety nivalis, with P. pedemontana and P. spectabilis, 6 in., both purple; and the charming little Indian P. rosea, 3 to 6 in., bright cherry-rose colour, are but a few of the many beautiful kinds in cultivation.
- Thus white honeysuckle and false honeysuckle are names for the North American Azalea viscosa; Australian or heath honeysuckle is the Australian Banksia serrata, Jamaica honeysuckle, Passiflora laurifolia, dwarf honeysuckle the widely spread Cornus suecica, Virgin Mary's honeysuckle the European Pulmonaria officinalis, while West Indian honeysuckle is Tecoma capensis, and is also 'a' name applied to Desmodium.
- Clammy Locust (Robinia Viscosa) - Smaller than the ordinary False Acacia, but is elegant in foliage and beautiful in flower.
- Phlomis Russelliana (Phlomis Viscosa) - A rather clammy plant of 3 feet, with bold wrinkled leaves, green above and downy beneath, and numerous bright yellow flowers of fine effect.
- These are the best of about half a dozen garden species, which also include O. fruticosa, Natrix, viscosa and aragonenis.Advertisement