Virus-a sentence example
- Virus-A small infectious agent consisting of a core of genetic material (DNA or RNA) surrounded by a shell of protein.
- Latent virus-A nonactive virus that is in a dormant state within a cell.
- Herpes virus-A family of viruses including herpes simplex types 1 and 2, and herpes zoster (also called varicella zoster).
- Herpes simplex virus-A virus that can cause fever and blistering on the skin and mucous membranes.
- Coxsackie virus-A type of enterovirus that may produce a variety of illnesses, including upper respiratory infections, myocarditis, and pericarditis.Advertisement