Virtus sentence example
- The book contains expressions such as daemones, angelica virtus, and purgatoria dementia, which have been thought to be derived from the Christian faith; but they are used in a heathen sense, and are explained sufficiently by the circumstance that Boetius was on intimate terms with Christians.
- His fundamental physical maxims are matter and force; the latter he calls virtus, species, imago agentis, and by numberless other names.
- Change, or any natural phenomenon, is produced by the impression of a virtus or species on matter - the result being the thing known.
- Her worship appears to have been promoted in Rome chiefly by the family of the Claudii, whose Sabine origin, together with their use of the name of "Nero," has suggested an identification of Bellona with the Sabine war goddess Nerio, herself identified, like Bellona, with Virtus.
- He is inclined to be merciful to the gladiators who display virtus or ` manly virtue ' .Advertisement
- He is inclined to be merciful to the gladiators who display virtus or ` manly virtue '.