Viridis sentence example
- In Hydra viridis the polyp is of a green colour and produces a spherical egg with a smooth shell which is dropped into the mud.
- The third British species, the green lizard (Lacerta viridis), does not occur in England proper; it has, found a congenial home in the island of Guernsey, but is there much less developed as regards size and beauty than on the continent.
- Thea Bohea and Thea viridis, and it was erroneously assumed that the former was the source of black teas, while Thea viridis was held to yield the green varieties.
- Of the foregoing, the teas of commerce are derived almost entirely from the varieties Viridis and Bohea.
- He has also seen Pleurococcus viridis dividing so as to form a filament, but has not succeeded in seeing the formation of zoospores as described by Chodat.Advertisement
- The real tea (The y viridis), a plant akin to the camellia, grows wild in Assam, being commonly found throughout the hilly tract between the valleys of the Brahmaputra and the Barak.
- - Hydra viridis, the freshsurrounded by a circle of water polyp. The animal is attached tentacles.
- Among other cultivated kinds are japonica, viridis, cordifolia, barbata, occidentalis, oregona, and serrulata, all of easy culture.
- F. ovina viridis is also a pretty edging plant, and being of slow growth, does not require renewal for years.
- Other species of Santolina suited for rock gardens are S. pectinata and S. viridis, which form bushes something like the Lavender Cotton.Advertisement