Violette sentence example
- Much of the confusion in the names of plants has doubtless arisen from the vague use of the French terms giroflee, willet and violette, which were all applied to flowers of the pink tribe, but in England were subsequently extended and finally restricted to very different plants.
- He relented and Violette became a telephonist at an exchange near St. Paul's Cathedral.
- After escaping from the chains of his passion for the beautiful but reckless Mrs Woffington, Garrick had in 1749 married Mademoiselle Violette (Eva Maria Veigel), a German lady who had attracted admiration at Florence or at Vienna as a dancer, and had come to England early in 1746, where her modest grace and the rumours which surrounded her created a furore, and where she found enthusiastic patrons in the earl and countess of Burlington.
- He relented and Violette became a telephonist at an exchange near St. Paul 's Cathedral.
- Hand Quilting, by Violette Severin, focuses on the hand quilting techniques.Advertisement