Vinum sentence example
- The British Pharmacopoeia contains (i) an extract of the fresh corm, having doses of 4 to i grain, and (2) the Vinum Colchici, made by treating the dried corm with sherry and given in doses of 10 to 30 minims. This latter is the preparation still most generally used, though the presence of veratrine both in the corm and the seeds renders the use of colchicine itself theoretically preferable.
- Early borrowings like wine (Latin vinum), wall (Latin vallum), retain the w sound and are therefore spelt with w.
- Similarly initial v became gw, as in gwin, from Latin vinum, remaining between vowels, though now written w, as in ciwed from civitas.
- They use Riedel Vinum series Burgundy and Montrachet stems to showcase each of their wines.
- If they collect Riedel Vinum series, maybe they don't have the Syrah stems or perhaps the Brandy snifter or Martini glass from Riedel in the Vinum series will be a great addition.Advertisement
- Riedel makes a very good one-considered the industry standard - called the Burgundy Vinum series.