Vinoy sentence example
- The founder of the family in England was a Norman baron, Guy or Guido de Baliol, who held the fiefs of Bailleul, Dampierre, Harcourt and Vinoy in Normandy.
- Vinoy during the siege commanded the III.
- Vinoy wrote several memoirs on the war of 1870-71; Operations de l'armee pendant le siege de Paris (1872), L'Armistice et la commune (1872), L'Armee francaise (1873).
- His "plan" for defending the city raised expectations doomed to disappointment; the successive sorties made under pressure of public opinion were unsuccessful, and having declared in one of his proclamations that the governor of Paris would never capitulate, when capitulation became inevitable he resigned the governorship of Paris on the 2 2nd of January 1871 to General Vinoy, retaining the presidency of the government until after the armistice in February.
- Renaissance Vinoy Resort & Golf Club: This 1920s-era property in St. Petersburg features awe-inspiring Mediterranean Revival architecture and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.Advertisement