Vine-growing sentence example
- Wine is made in considerable quantities in the principal vine-growing districts, and in several localities large vineyards have been planted for this purpose.
- It is the centre of an agricultural and vine-growing district, but is commercially of no great importance, the port, which consists of part only of the inner port of Roman days, being small and the entry difficult.
- The trade and industry of Worms are important, and not the least resource of the inhabitants is vine-growing, the most famous vintage being known as Liebfraumilch, grown on vineyards near the Liebfrauenkirche.
- The most important wine produced in the province of Andalusia, which is the chief vine-growing district of Spain, is that known to.
- The other chief vine-growing countries of the empire are Dalmatia, Lower Austria and Styria.Advertisement
- California is the largest winegrowing state, as the Pacific slope seems particularly suitable to vine-growing.
- The vine-growing districts had formerly been mostly in the provinces of Cadiz, Malaga, Barcelona, Aragon and Navarre.