Vindhyas sentence example
- The source of the river is in the highlands of the Vindhyas, upwards of 2000 ft.
- In breadth it is about 30 m., extending between the Satpuras and the southern scarp of the Vindhyas.
- The Vindhyas, however, are made up of several distinct hill systems. Two sacred peaks guard the flanks in the extreme east and west, with a succession of ranges stretching 800 m.
- The Nerbudda and Tapti carry the rainfall of the southern slopes of the Vindhyas and of the Satpura hills, in almost parallel lines, into the Gulf of Cambay.
- The list of the sixteen states ignores everything north of the Himalayas, south of the Vindhyas, and east of the Ganges where it turns south.Advertisement
- The principal hills are - (1) the Maikal range, situated in the north-western extremity of the district; (2) a chain of hills forming part of the Vindhyan range, on the north; (3) the Korba hills, an off-shoot of the Vindhyas, on the eastern boundary; and (4) the Sonakhan block of hills, in the vicinity of the Mahanadi river.