Vimeiro sentence example
- On the 20th of August the Allies, strengthened by the arrival of two more brigades (4000 men), occupied some heights north of Vimiera (Vimeira or Vimeiro) where the roads branch off to Torres Vedras and Mafra.
- On the 21st the battle of Vimeiro was fought and won.
- He had meanwhile been given the local rank of general and had also received the Portuguese title of Conde de Vimeiro.
- Towards the end of the 16th century Miguel Leite Ferreira, son of the Portuguese poet, Antonio Ferreira, declared that the original manuscript of Amadis de Gaula was then in the Aveiro archives, and an Amadis de Gaula in Portuguese, which is alleged to have existed in the conde de Vimeiro's library as late as 1586, had vanished before 1726.
- He defeated a French division at Rolica (" Roleia ") on the 17th, and on the 21st won a victory over Junot at Vimeiro ("Vimiera").Advertisement