Villanueva sentence example
- Villanueva is a clean and thriving place, with good modern public buildings - town hall, churches, convents and schools.
- 1598), born at Villanueva de Sigena in the diocese of Huesca (Latassa, Bibl.
- Servetus at Geneva makes Villanueva his birthplace, assigning it to the adjoining diocese of Lerida.
- Having made himself master of Ecija and having despatched a detachment under Moghith against Cordova, Tariq took Mentesa (Villanueva de la Fuente) and marched upon Toledo, which he soon conquered.
- The main line of the Madrid-Lisbon railway passes through Villanueva de la Serena, Merida and Badajoz; at Merida it is joined by the railways going north to Caceres and south to Zafra, where the lines from Huelva and Seville unite.Advertisement
- After Badajoz, the capital (pop. (1900) 30,899), the principal towns are Almendralejo (12,587), Azuaga (14,192), Don Benito (16,565), Jerez de los Caballeros (10,271), Merida (11,168) and Villanueva de la Serena (13,489); these, and also the historically interesting village of Albuera, are described in separate articles.