Vieau sentence example
- Jacques Vieau established here a post for the North-west Company of fur traders in 1795.
- In 1795 Jacques Vieau, a Frenchman in the employ of the North-Western Fur Company, established a permanent post here, which seems to have continued, under his direction, with practically no interruption until 1820, when it was superseded by that of Astor's American Fur Company.
- Vieau built a dwelling and a warehouse and conducted extensive trading operations.
- In 1818 there joined the settlement a young Frenchman named Laurent Solomon Juneau (1793-1856), who married one of Vieau's daughters and eventually bought out his business.
- Vieau's house and store was at this time on the south side.Advertisement