Vicp sentence example
- The VICP took effect on October 1, 1988.
- A nine-member Advisory Commission on Childhood Vaccines oversees the VICP.
- The VICP applies to all vaccines recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for routine administration to children.
- Since this can be very difficult to prove, most VICP claims fall within the Vaccine Injury Table.
- Claims must be filed through the VICP before civil litigation can be pursued.Advertisement
- An attorney filing a VICP petition must be a member of the bar of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Petitions cannot be filed under VICP if a civil action for damages related to a vaccine injury is pending or if damages have been awarded by a court or in a settlement against the manufacturer or vaccine administrator.
- Civil litigation cannot be pursued if the petitioner accepts an award under the VICP.
- The VICP petition is dismissed or ruled non-compensable.
- The VICP compensation offer is rejected by the claimant.Advertisement
- Some lawyers and parents argue that there are serious problems with the VICP.
- The VICP is much too complicated and time-consuming.
- The VICP does not consider the emotional and psychological effects of a vaccine-related injury on the child's family.
- The VICP greatly underestimates the amount of legal work required for a reasonable chance of a successful claim.
- There is no real difference between the VICP and civil litigation except that the defendant is the U.S. Government rather than the vaccine manufacturer.Advertisement
- Between 1988 and 2004, 6,506 petitions were filed with the VICP, of which 4,246 were claims for autism resulting from the mercury-containing vaccine preservative thimerosal.
- Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP)-A program through which victims of vaccine-induced injury or death can be awarded financial compensation.
- Vaccine Injury Table-The guidelines by which claims to the VICP are evaluated; includes the vaccines, injuries or other conditions, and the allowable time periods for coverage by the VCIP.