Vicarial sentence example
- For some time it was considered that he was a mere office-holder dependent on the will of the bishop with a jurisdiction merely " vicarial "; but by the 13th century it was settled that he held a " benefice " and that his jurisdiction over causes was ordinary and independent of the bishop (Van Espen, pars i.
- The vicarial tithes, for a rent charge of £ 309; and there are 25 acres of vicarial glebe.
- The vicarial tithes were commuted in 1841, for £ 244 per annum.
- vicarial tithes were commuted in 1841, for £ 244 per annum.
- cura, &c. In a more limited sense it is applied in the Church of England to the incumbent of a parish who has no endowment of tithes, as distinguished from a perpetual vicar, who has an endowment of small tithes, which are for that reason sometimes styled vicarial tithes.Advertisement