Vibracula sentence example
- Polymorphism usually occurs, certain individuals having the form of avicularia or vibracula.
- The most singular of the external appendages found in the Polyzoa are the avicularia and vibracula of the Cheilostomata.
- In Caberea, the vibracula are known to move synchronously, but co-ordination of this kind is otherwise unknown in the Polyzoa.
- The avicularia and vibracula give valuable aid to the systematic study of the Cheilostomata.
- But avicularia or vibracula may also occur in other places - on the backs of unilaminar erect forms, along the sutural lines of the zooecia and on their frontal surface.Advertisement
- Vibracula are of less frequent occurrence than avicularia, with which they may coexist as in Scrupocellaria, where they occur on the backs of the unilaminar branches.