Viana sentence example
- But a son Charles, called, as heir of Navarre, prince of Viana, had been born of the marriage.
- There followed a long conflict, with alternations of success and defeat, which was not terminated till the death of the prince of Viana, perhaps by poison given him by his stepmother, in 1461.
- While besieging the castle of Viana, held by the rebellious count of Lerin, he was killed (March 12, 1507).
- Besides Sao Luiz, the capital of the state, the principal towns, with the population of their municipal districts in 1890, are: Caxias (19443), Alcantara (4730), Carolina (7266), Grajahu (11,704), Tury-assu (8983) and Viana (9965).
- His conflict with his son by his first marriage, Charles, prince of Viana, was settled in his favor by the death of the prince.Advertisement