Vgli sentence example
- Once these service members retire, they have the option of extending their government life insurance coverage by converting their SGLI coverage to VGLI coverage.
- The Veterans Group Life Insurance program (VGLI) - created for retired members of the U.S. military forces.
- Service members have to convert to VGLI coverage within a year and 120 days following their discharge date.
- The rates of the VGLI policy are calculated based on the age of the service member at the time that they convert from SGLI to VGLI coverage.
- A service member can convert their VGLI term insurance policy to a commercial permanent policy at any time.Advertisement
- The spouses and dependant children of service members can purchase a VGLI insurance policy.
- The competitive benefits of the VGLI program are borne out by the fact that more than 98% of the armed forces service members have opted to purchase this coverage over commercially-available life insurance.