Vexin sentence example
- He dissembled his resentment for a time, and lived for nearly two years in the French Vexin in great poverty.
- His first successes against Theobald of Champagne, who for thirty years had been the most dangerous of the great French barons and had refused a vassals services to Louis VI., as well as the adroit diplomacy with which he wrested from Geoffrey the Fair, count of Anjou, a part of the Norman Vexin long claimed by the French kings, in exchange for permitting him to conquer Normandy, augured well for his boldness and activity, had he but confined them to serving his own interests.
- War with William began again in 1081 over the county of Vexin, which Philip had seized on the retirement of its count, Simon of Valois, to a monastery in 1076.
- In 1098 there was war between Philip and William Rufus in both Maine and the Vexin.
- William came in person from Maine to lead the attack in the Vexin in September, and crossed the Seine, penetrating to within 30 m.Advertisement
- In 1087 he invaded the French Vexin to retaliate on the garrison of Mantes for raids committed on his territory.