Vettor sentence example
- The Genoese Admiral Luciano Doria sailed into the Adriatic, attacked and defeated Vettor Pisani at Pola in Istria, and again Venice and the lagoons lay at the mercy of the enemy.
- Vettor Pisani was placed in command, and by a stroke of naval genius he grasped the weakness of Doria's position.
- A smaller force was sent to operate against the Genoese in the western Mediterranean, and was placed under the command of Vettor Pisani.
- While Carlo Zeno harassed the Genoese stations in the Levant, Vettor Pisani brought one of their squadrons to action on the 30th of May 1378 off Punta di Anzio to the south of the Tiber, and defeated it.
- Vettor Pisani, who had been imprisoned after the defeat at Pola, but who possessed the confidence of the people and the affection of the sailors, was released and named commander-in-chief against the wish of the aristocracy.Advertisement