Vermland sentence example
- Closely related to magnetite is the rare volcanic mineral from Vesuvius, called magnoferrite, or magnesioferrite, with the formula MgFe 2 O 4; and with this may be mentioned a mineral from Jakobsberg, in Vermland, Sweden, called jakobsite, containing MnFe204.
- He married his cousin Hedwig Elizabeth Charlotte of Holstein-Gottorp (1759-1818), but their only child, Carl Adolf, duke of Vermland, died in infancy (1798).
- A pure white blende from Franklin in New Jersey is known as cleiophane; snow-white crystals are also found at Nordmark in Vermland, Sweden.
- By his father's will he got, by way of appanage, the duchy of Sodermanland, which included the provinces of Nerike and Vermland; but he did not come into actual possession of them till after the fall of Eric XIV.
- The red iron gneiss prevails in western Sweden in the provinces of Vermland, Skaraborg, Elfsborg, and down to the province of Kristianstad.Advertisement
- It prevails in the middle part of the country, in Kopparberg,, Vestmanland, Upsala and parts of Vermland.
- These deposits, known as glacial sand and glacial clay, cover most parts of Sweden south of the provinces of Kopparberg and Vermland, the more elevated portions of the provinces of Elfsborg and Kronoberg excepted.
- There are also upland mills in Dalarne and Vermland, and a considerable number in the neighbourhood of Gothenburg.
- There are schools of mining at Stockholm (the higher school), Falun and Filipstad in Vermland.
- Vermland, the district to the north of Lake Vener and the whole of the country to the north of Svealand seem to have been of small importance.Advertisement
- His son Olafr Tretelgia withdrew to Vermland, which he brought into a state of cultivation, though he was subsequently sacrificed by his subjects in a time of famine.
- During his reign grants of land in Vermland made by the king to the Norse earl Haakon Ivarsson led to a successful invasion of Gotaland by Harold Hardrada of Norway.