Verhoeff sentence example
- Verhoeff (1894-1896) - in a beetle's abdomen, but the tenth sternite is usually absent.
- Verhoeff (1904) that the hexapodan thorax in reality contains six primitive segments is entirely without embryological support.
- Verhoeff, the family contains only thirteen known species.
- More violent in its methods is the larva of a Stelis, whose operations in the nest of Osmia leucomelana have been studied by Verhoeff.
- Verhoeff has discussed the rise of the "social" from the "solitary" condition, and points, out that for the formation of an insect community three conditions are necessary - a nest large enough for a number of individuals, a close grouping of the cells, and an association between mother and daughters in the winged state.Advertisement
- Verhoeff has lately (1904) put forward the view that there are really six segments in the hexapodan thorax and twenty in the abdomen - the cerci belonging to the seventeenth abdominal segment thus showing a close agreement with the centipede Scolopendra.