Vereshchagin sentence example
- That's a tradesman, that is to say, he's the restaurant keeper, Vereshchagin.
- Your excellency, there are some political prisoners, Meshkov, Vereshchagin...
- What are your orders about Vereshchagin?
- This man, Vereshchagin, is the scoundrel by whose doing Moscow is perishing.
- He alone of all the Russians has disgraced the Russian name, he has caused Moscow to perish, said Rostopchin in a sharp, even voice, but suddenly he glanced down at Vereshchagin who continued to stand in the same submissive attitude.Advertisement
- I command it... shouted Rostopchin, suddenly growing pale like Vereshchagin.
- The tall youth, with a stony look on his face, and rigid and uplifted arm, stood beside Vereshchagin.
- And one of the soldiers, his face all at once distorted with fury, struck Vereshchagin on the head with the blunt side of his saber.
- Vereshchagin with a cry of horror, covering his head with his hands, rushed toward the crowd.
- At the moment when Vereshchagin fell and the crowd closed in with savage yells and swayed about him, Rostopchin suddenly turned pale and, instead of going to the back entrance where his carriage awaited him, went with hurried steps and bent head, not knowing where and why, along the passage leading to the rooms on the ground floor.Advertisement
- One God is above us both!--Vereshchagin's words suddenly recurred to him, and a disagreeable shiver ran down his back.
- Count Rostopchin suddenly grew pale as he had done when the crowd closed in on Vereshchagin.