Verdot sentence example
- The principal vines grown in the Medoc are the Cabernet-Sauvignon, which is the most important, the Gros Cabernet, the Merlot, the Carmenere, the Malbec, and the Verdot.
- Perhaps the most well-known of all of France's wine regions, Bordeaux produces Cabernet Sauvignon-Merlot blends with other grapes added including Petite Verdot, Cabernet Franc, Carmenère, and Malbec.
- Insignia is a blended wine that in 2002 had 78 percent Cabernet, 14 percent Merlot, 7 percent Petit Verdot and 1 percent Malbec.
- Although Malbec is missing, the remaining royalty of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, and Petit Verdot are all present and accounted for in this Bordeaux-style red wine.
- There are minor plantings of Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Grenache, and Syrah, as well, to add depth and balance to many of their varietals.Advertisement
- While dominated by Cabernet Sauvignon, small percentages of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Petit Verdot are added for complexity and roundness.
- Bordeaux style wines can be made anywhere in the world, and contain single grapes or blends of red wine grapes such as: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petite Verdot, Malbec and Carmenere.
- The main Bordeaux grapes are Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Carménère and Petit Verdot.
- Most commonly, winemakers blend Merlot with other Bordeaux grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Malbec, and Carménère.