Verden sentence example
- While still a lad he became successively bishop of Bremen, bishop of Verden and coadjutor of Halberstadt, while at the age of eighteen he was the chief commandant of the fortress of Stade.
- Charles collected a large army, and by his orders 4500 men who had surrendered were beheaded at Verden.
- Bishoprics were founded at Bremen, Minster, Verden, Minden, Paderborn, Osnabruck, Hildesheim and Hamburg, and one`founded at Seligenstadt was removed to Halberstadt.
- The Westphalian circle which was formed at the same time comprised nearly all the rest of the modern province (including Mark) and the lands north of it between the Weser and the frontier of the Netherlands, also Verden, Schaumburg, Nassau, Wied, Lippe, Berg, Cleves, Julich, Liege, Bouillon and Cambrai.
- To the Swedes were granted Western Pomerania, with Stettin, and the archbishopric of Bremen and the bishopric of Verden.Advertisement
- The bishoprics of Bremen and Verden, the province of Farther Pomerania and the isle of Riigen which her armies had actually conquered, and which had been guaranteed to her by a whole catena of treaties, went partly to the upstart electorate of Hanover and partly to the upstart kingdom of Prussia, both of which states had been of no political importance whatever at the beginning of the war of spoliation by which they were, ultimately, to profit so largely and so cheaply.
- What she actually got was (1) Upper Pomerania, with the islands of Riigen and Usedom, and a strip of Lower Pomerania on the right side of the Oder, including the towns of Stettin, Garz, Damm and Gollnow, and the isle of Wollin, with the right of succession to the rest of Lower Pomerania in the case of the extinction of the Brandenburg Hohenzollerns; (2) the town of Wismar with the districts of Poel and Neukloster; (3) the secularized bishoprics of Bremen and Verden; and (4) 5,000,000 rix-dollars.
- Celle is the seat of the court of appeal from the superior courts of Aurich, Detmold, GÃ¶ttingen, Hanover, Hildesheim, Luneburg, Osnabruck, Stade and Verden.
- Som datter af gives fÃ¸rste danske udlandsreporter voksede hun op rundt om i verden, heriblandt New York og forskellige dele af Afrika.
- Celle is the seat of the court of appeal from the superior courts of Aurich, Detmold, GÃƒ¶ttingen, Hanover, Hildesheim, Luneburg, Osnabruck, Stade and Verden.Advertisement