Vercellae sentence example
- In 101 the Cimbri were defeated on the Raudine plain, near Vercellae, by the united armies of Catulus and Marius.
- Two buildings were known as "Monumenta Catuli": the temple of Fortuna hujusce diei, to commemorate the day of Vercellae, and the Porticus Catuli, built from the sale of the Cimbrian spoils.
- The ancient Eporedia, standing at the junction of the roads from Augusta Taurinorum and Vercellae, at the point where the road to Augusta Praetoria enters the narrow valley of the Duria (Dora Baltea), was a military position of considerable importance belonging to the Salassi who inhabited the whole upper valley of the Duria.
- In rot Marius overthrew them on the Raudine Plain near Vercellae.
- The prisoners at Aquae Sextiae and Vercellae were 90,000 Teutons and 60,000 Cimbri.Advertisement