Vener sentence example
- Vener, Vetter and Hjelmar are broad and open; Molar is very irregular in form, and of great length.
- Molar, Vener and Hjelmar contain many islands; in Vetter there are comparatively few.
- The Klar flows south into Lake Vener, which is drained to the Cattegat by the short Gota river, on which, not far below the lake, are the celebrated falls of Trollha:ttan.
- The most important of these are the Dala Sandstone (chiefly developed in Dalarne), the Almasakra and Visingso series (around Lake Vetter) and the Dalsland formation (near Lake Vener).
- South of Lake Vener they are capped by thick beds of eruptive diabase (called trapp).Advertisement
- At this epoch the North Sea and the Baltic were connected along the line of Vener, Vetter, Hjelmar and Malar.
- On the other side the White Sea was connected by Lakes Onega and Ladoga with the Gulf of Finland and the Baltic. In the depths of the Baltic and of Lakes Vener and Vetter there actually exist animals which belong to the arctic fauna and are remnants of the ancient ice-sea.
- Below this extends a great region of firwood covering the whole country north-east of Lake Vener and north of the Dal River.
- South of a line running, roughly, from the foot of Lake Vener to Kalmar on the Baltic coast the beech begins to appear, and in Sickle and the southern part of the Cattegat seaboard becomes predominant in the woods which break the wide cultivated places.
- Among the lower marine animals a few types of arctic origin are found, not only in the Baltic but even in Lakes Vener and Vetter, having remained, and in the case of the lakes survived the change to fresh water, after the disappearance of the connexion with the Arctic seas across the region of the great lakes, the Baltic, and north-east thereof.Advertisement
- The lowest mortality is found in the districts about Lakes Vener and Vetter; the highest in Norbotten, the east midland districts, Skane, and Goteborg och Bohus Lan.
- Among country palaces or mansions that of Gripsholm is notable, overlooking Lake Malar, the shores of which are specially rich in historic sites and remains In ecclesiastical architecture Sweden possesses the noble cathedrals of Lund, Upsala and Linkoping; while that of Skara, near the southern shore of Lake Vener, dates originally from 1150, and that of Strengn: s on Lake Molar was consecrated in 1291.
- The deposits of iron ore are confined almost wholly to the extreme north of Norrland, and to a midland zone extending from the south of the Gulf of Bothnia to a point north of Lake Vener, which includes the Dannemora ore fields in the eastern part.
- Vermland, the district to the north of Lake Vener and the whole of the country to the north of Svealand seem to have been of small importance.
- Including the four great lakes, Vener, Vetter, Malar Hjelmar, 35 16 sq.Advertisement