Vector-sum sentence example
- The resultant force due to these two pointcharges must then be in the direction CP, and its value E is the vector sum of the two forces along AP and BP due to the two point-charges.
- By successive applications of the above rule any number of forces acting on a particle may be replaced by a single force which is the vector-sum of the given forces; this single force -~ ~-~ -~
- If the plane in question be chosen perpendicular to the direction of the vector-sum of the given forces, the vector-sum of the components Q is zero, and these components are therefore equivalent to a couple (~ 4).
- C Let a, ~ be the angles which AA, BB make with the direction of the vector-sum, on opposite sides.
- -- o, and draw OC parallel to the vector-sum.Advertisement
- 125) have plane motion and the acceleration of any point C be given in magnitude and direction, the acceleration of any c other point B is the vector sum of X
- angles to Ct; then the vector sum of these three magnitudes is Ab, and this vectol represents the acceleration of the point B.
- It follows by analogy with the theory of moments (~ 4) that the resultant rotation will be represented by AD, the vector-sum of AB, AC (see fig.