Vaska sentence example
- The best quarters in the village were assigned to cavalry-captain Denisov, the squadron commander, known throughout the whole cavalry division as Vaska Denisov.
- Nesvitski looked round and saw, some fifteen paces away but separated by the living mass of moving infantry, Vaska Denisov, red and shaggy, with his cap on the back of his black head and a cloak hanging jauntily over his shoulder.
- "Ah, Vaska!" joyfully replied Nesvitski.
- "The squadwon can't pass," shouted Vaska Denisov, showing his white teeth fiercely and spurring his black thoroughbred Arab, which twitched its ears as the bayonets touched it, and snorted, spurting white foam from his bit, tramping the planks of the bridge with his hoofs, and apparently ready to jump over the railings had his rider let him.
- "They don't even give one time to dwink!" answered Vaska Denisov.Advertisement
- The black, hairy, snub-nosed face of Vaska Denisov, and his whole short sturdy figure with the sinewy hairy hand and stumpy fingers in which he held the hilt of his naked saber, looked just as it usually did, especially toward evening when he had emptied his second bottle; he was only redder than usual.
- "Oh, every bullet has its billet," answered Vaska Denisov, turning in his saddle.
- So you've smelt powdah! shouted Vaska Denisov just above his ear.
- "Do wake up, Vaska!" he went on, turning to Denisov, whose head was again nodding.
- No, Vaska is a splendid fellow.Advertisement
- You call him Vaska?
- "Now then, Vaska," said Nicholas.
- His servants too--Terenty and Vaska--in their own way noticed the change that had taken place in Pierre.