Vaska sentence example
- The best quarters in the village were assigned to cavalry-captain Denisov, the squadron commander, known throughout the whole cavalry division as Vaska Denisov.
- Nesvitski looked round and saw, some fifteen paces away but separated by the living mass of moving infantry, Vaska Denisov, red and shaggy, with his cap on the back of his black head and a cloak hanging jauntily over his shoulder.
- The black, hairy, snub-nosed face of Vaska Denisov, and his whole short sturdy figure with the sinewy hairy hand and stumpy fingers in which he held the hilt of his naked saber, looked just as it usually did, especially toward evening when he had emptied his second bottle; he was only redder than usual.
- So you've smelt powdah! shouted Vaska Denisov just above his ear.
- No, Vaska is a splendid fellow.Advertisement
- You call him Vaska?
- His servants too--Terenty and Vaska--in their own way noticed the change that had taken place in Pierre.