Vasile sentence example
- In 1632 Evstratie the Logofet (logothete) also translated a Pravild from the Greek, which remains in MS. In 1646 appeared the Pravilei aleasa, or " Selected Code," compiled, no doubt, by Evstratie and published with the authority .of the then reigning Prince Vasile Lupul (Basil the Wolf), hence known as the Code of Vasile.
- The Indreptarea legii, in which Pravila of Vasile was incorporated without acknowledgment, remained the recognized code almost down to 1866.
- Among them were Vasile Aaron (1770-1822) and Ion Barak (1779-1848).
- One more poet, and a real one, is Vasile Carlova (1809-1831), whose Ruins of Tirgovishtec sufficed to place him among the foremost Rumanian.
- Like *erbanescu, Vasile Alecsandri (1821-1890), the greatest of Rumanian lyrical poets (see Alecsandri),.Advertisement