Varnhagen sentence example
- Considerable interest attaches to his early companionship with Wilhelm Neumann and certain others, among whom were the writer Karl August Varnhagen von Ense and the poet Adelbert von Chamisso.
- In historical literature Brazil has produced one writer of high standing - Francisco Adolpho Varnhagen (Visconde de Porto Seguro), whose Historia Geral do Brazil is a standard authority on that subject.
- P. Varnhagen von Ense, Blcitter aus der preussischen Geschichte, 5 vols.
- One of the last literary undertakings in which he took part was the establishment of the Berlin Jahrbiicher fiir wissenschaftliche Kritih, in which he assisted Edward Gans and Varnhagen von Ense.
- Next to these he valued books of biography and anecdote: Plutarch, Grimm, St Simon, Varnhagen von Ense.Advertisement
- Among its celebrities are Johann Georg and Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi, Heinrich Heine, Varnhagen von Ense, Peter von Cornelius, Wilhelm Camphausen and Heinrich von Sybel.