Variegata sentence example
- Amongst shrubby plants suitable for edgings are the evergreen candytuft (Iberis sempervirens), Euonymus radicans variegata, ivy, and Euonymus microphyllus - a charming little evergreen with small serrated leaves.
- Beta Cicla variegata: hardy, 2 ft., beautifully coloured leaves and midribs, crimson, golden, &c.
- Most of the species are small, the largest known measuring 12 (the European Misgurnus fossilis), 13 (the Chinese Botia variegata), or 14 in.
- Cilian Beet (Beta) - B. cicla variegata is a variety of common Beet, the leaves being more than 3 feet long, vivid in color, their midribs varying from dark waxy orange to vivid crimson.
- Iris Variegata - A handsome Flag of the Germanica group, 1 to 2 feet high, with large, slightly fragrant flowers, having bright yellow standards and claret-red falls beautifully veined.Advertisement
- A. variegata (Variegated Milk-weed) has dense umbels of handsome white flowers with a reddish centre.
- The forms commonly grown are those striped with yellow or creamy-white, and known as arundinacea variegata and elegantissima.
- Other garden forms of this species are grandiflora, its white flowers spotted with purple; and variegata, with finely marked foliage of charming effect in a moist shady spot.
- Variegate porphyria (VP) is also known as porphyria variegata, protocoproporphyria, South African genetic porphyria, and Royal malady (supposedly King George III of England and Mary, Queen of Scots, suffered from VP).