Variabilis sentence example
- Similar modification of the antennae in the Longicorn Estigmenida variabilis brings about the resemblance between this beetle and a beetle, Estigmena chinensis, one of the Phytophaga of the family Hispidae.
- The mountain hare (Lepus variabilis or timidus) replaces the common hare (Lepus europaeus) in the higher regions; though absent from the intervening plains it again appears in the north of Europe and in Scotland.
- Dahlia variabilis - Supposed parent of all the garden varieties.
- B. variabilis is a native of the mountains of China.
- These B. variabilis forms are best pruned in March, or even later.Advertisement
- As the color of the blossoms is so variable, the plant is known as S. variabilis, and its varieties have Latin names according to their tints.