Vardanes sentence example
- Shortly afterwards Artabanus died, and was succeeded by his son, Vardanes, whose reign was still more turbulent than that of his father.
- 36-43 Seleucia was in rebellion against the Parthians till at last it was forced by King Vardanes to yield.
- Justinian's rival Vardanes in turn sought an asylum in Khazaria, and in Leo IV.
- The Kuban is the ancient Hypanis and Vardanes and the Pshishche of the Circassians.
- Ctesiphon, the residence of the kings on the left bank of the Tigris, opposite to Seleucia, naturally profited by this war; and Vardanes is therefore called founder of Ctesiphon by Ammianus Marc. xxiii.Advertisement
- The new rgime obviously laid much more stress on the Oriental character of their state, though Philostratus, in his life of Apollonius of Tyana(who visited the Parthian court), states that Vardanes I.
- 8 seq.), till at last it surrendered to Vardanes, who in consequence enlarged Ctesiphon, which was afterwards fortified by Pacorus (A.D.