Vantage-ground sentence example
- He entered the army, merely because the position gave a vantage-ground from which to make his observations.
- From this vantage-ground Ritschl criticizes the use of Aristotelianism and speculative philosophy in scholastic and Protestant theology.
- From the vantage-ground of this long-coveted position the Plato was published in 1871.
- Looking back from the vantage-ground of history upon the issue of this long struggle, we are struck with the small results which satisfied the Lombard communes.
- It simply means that a certain religious and philosophical tendency, which grew up slowly on Greek soil, was already implanted in those who occupied the vantage-ground of a revealed religion of redemption.Advertisement
- He himself regarded it as a kind of climax to his life; never before had he attained such complete understanding of his genius and mission in the world; it afforded him a vantage-ground from which he could renew the past and make plans for the future.
- Faith dominates this section; faith in its historical career and as the vantage-ground of Christianity.