Vallarsa sentence example
- Three days later Brusati suggested the recnforcement of two sectors of the line, that between the Vallarsa and the Val Terragnolo, and the Tonezza sector, between the Val Terragnolo and the Astico.
- Cadorna was unwilling to break up the 9th Div., and ordered that it should be held in reserve at Schio, within easy reach of the Vallarsa sector, while to reinforce the Tonezza sector he dispatched an additional brigade from the general reserve.
- Between the Val Lagarina and the Vallarsa and along the Val Terragnolo the Italian lines formed a dangerously exposed salient, running down from the high slopes and completely dominated by the Austrian guns on Monte Biaena, Monte Ghello, Monte Finonchio and the Folgaria plateau.
- Corps was reduced to include only the hill country between the Vallarsa and the eastern edge of the Asiago plateau.
- Corps (the 35th) was in line between the Vallarsa and the Astico, the Roma Bde.Advertisement
- The offensive opened on May 14 with a very heavy bombardment along the whole line from the Val Lagarina to the Val Sugana; but the concentration of fire was most intense between the Vallarsa and the Upper Astico, and against this sector, the following day, the main infantry attack was launched.
- On the extreme right of the attack, between the Val Lagarina and the Vallarsa, the Italians withdrew from their ill-chosen front lines, fighting steadily, and making the enemy pay for the ground gained.
- The Roma Bde., or rather what was left of it, was coming back in the Vallarsa, and Col Santo had been evacuated by the territorials, while the command of the sector had lost touch with the Alpine battalions.
- But the chief danger lay on the left, where there was little to stop the Austrian advance between the Vallarsa and the Val Terragnolo.
- The Austrian right was increasing the pressure against the positions west of the Vallarsa, and was collecting forces for the first of the long series of attacks against Pasubio, which was only lightly held.Advertisement
- In the Vallarsa and Pasubio sector the attack developed strongly.
- Bertotti, was in solid possession of both sides of the Vallarsa road and of Pasubio, and in touch with Ricci Armani on its left.
- The Austrian infantry advanced along the great ridge from Col Santa; they came up from Anghebani and Chiesa in the Vallarsa and from the Val Terragnolo by the Borcola Pass.