Valenzuela sentence example
- His father, Don Francisco de Valenzuela, a gentleman of Ronda, had been compelled to flee from Spain in consequence of a brawl, and had enlisted as a soldier in Naples, where he married Dona Leonora de Encisa.
- Francisco de Valenzuela having died young, his son was placed by his mother as a page in the household of the duke of Infantado.
- By her help Valenzuela obtained a footing in the palace.
- Valenzuela succeeded in getting the embassy exchanged for the governorship of Granada.
- In January 1678 a palace revolution broke out against the queen-regent, who was driven from Madrid, and Valenzuela fled for refuge to the monastery of the Escorial.Advertisement
- The career of Valenzuela probably helped to suggest the subject of Ruy Blas to Victor Hugo.
- During his minority the government was directed by his mother and her successive favorites, the German Jesuit Nithard and the Granadine adventurer Fernando de Valenzuela.